Welcome to the
Colorado Educational & Cultural Facilities Authority
The Colorado Educational and Cultural Facilities Authority (CECFA) is the official state issuer of tax-exempt bonds for capital projects furthering the missions of educational and cultural organizations.
Affordable Capital Financing through CECFA
CECFA’s bonds have benefited Colorado’s private universities and day schools, public charter schools, museums, Olympic facilities, science and research facilities, and more. Since 1981, CECFA has issued over $7.6 Billion of such bonds for over 300 organizations, and is one of the nation’s largest issuer of charter school bonds.
If you are a nonprofit seeking to finance the purchase, construction, or renovation of buildings, land, or equipment (capital assets), we can help you borrow money at lower interest rates.
CECFA helps educational and cultural nonprofits borrow money for capital projects at lower interest rates than they could obtain through traditional bank financing. Whether you are a public or private, sectarian or secular, small or large borrower, we provide experience and broad technical assistance in tax-exempt financing for projects such as:
- Classrooms, research facilities, administration buildings
- Auditoriums, dining halls, food service and student services buildings
- Student housing
- Parking lots, maintenance facilities, garages
- Exhibition or performance halls, galleries, museums, zoos, botanical gardens, theaters, and sports facilities
- Furnishings and equipment
We can also refinance existing debt.